Tuesday, April 15, 2014

NGM Forward Racing Review Austin MotoGP Race

After the great result scored yesterday in qualifying, Aleix couldn’t make a good start, loosing the contact with the front group.  He struggled with the chattering and preferred to be a bit conservative to finish the race and getting some good points. The Spaniard is now 5th in the championship with 20 points.

It was an unlucky day for Colin Edwards who expected to get another result in his home grand prix. As his team mate, Colin struggled a lot during the race and when there were 4 laps to go his bike stopped, obliging him to retire. With today’s retirement, Colin is 14th in the rider Championship. 

The NGM Forward Racing team leaves Texas in 4th position of the Constructor and Team classification.

Aleix Espargaro - 9th
“This morning we struggled a lot due to the front chattering and it happened the same in the race. I couldn’t push. I had to be a bit conservative, focusing on finishing the race and getting some points. It was very frustrating but it was impossible for me to push more today. Anyway I’m confident for the next gp and I look forward to race in Argentina”.

Colin Edwards - Retired
“We struggled the whole weekend and I also had an issue with my front tyre, that made my race even more complicated.  With 4 laps to go, I had problems with the fuel pressure and my bike stopped, when I was in the back straight. My race was over. Now we will try to understand what happened”.

NGM Forward Racing Press Release

Related Post