Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pramac Racing Preview MotoGP Phillip Island

Yonny Hernandez MotoGP Sepang 2013

The second leg of the 2013 season’s overseas tripleheader will kick off tomorrow at Phillip Island Circuit, one of the most characteristic and striking destinations of the MotoGP World Championship.

Located in the Australian region of Victoria, the track was built in 1956 and has been a fixture on the calendar since 1997. The 4.448 km (2.764 miles) circuit features a series of wide, fast turns, interrupted by two small hairpins that are often the scene of exciting overtaking, while the 900-metre downhill front straight makes for very high speeds. This facility hosts not only the annual Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix, but also the World Superbike and Supersport Championships, in addition to many Australian and international four-wheels competitions.

Andrea Iannone, who finished third at Phillip Island during his first year in the Moto2 class, is more determined than ever to continue with the direction taken during the Malaysian weekend and is now preparing to take on this new and challenging trial.

Yonny Hernandez will be facing the Phillip Island track aboard a MotoGP prototype for the first time, as the Colombian was forced to interrupt his 2012 season at Sepang due to a crash at Motegi that fractured his left clavicle.

Andrea Iannone – Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Team
“This year the track has been resurfaced and it’s positive because there were a lot of holes before and for such a beautiful circuit it was a real shame. Now I think it’ll surely be more fun to ride, always hoping that the weather will be good. Normally here it is very cold and it rains a lot. I'm sorry for how things went at Sepang, because we really could have got a good result. Anyway I still want to be fast, and I will try once again to keep up the same pace as the Ducati Team riders. I want to improve round after round, continue working well with the team, as of late, and I hope to do a good race. I’m in a positive mood.”

Yonny Hernandez 
“Like Sepang, the Phillip Island circuit is new to me with a MotoGP bike, because last year I missed the race due to the incident I had at Motegi. Therefore, I don’t know how the bike handles here. The track has also been resurfaced and I think that it’ll definitely be different for all the riders. I hope it won’t be too cold, but in any case we’ll try to do our best starting from tomorrow. I want to do as many laps as possible to get used to the track, and I’d like to find our setup earlier than at Sepang in order to be more relaxed on Saturday.”

Pramac Racing Team Press Release

Related Post